It’s amazing how fast you can bake something when a little someone could wake up screaming at any moment. I whipped these up in 30 minutes flat. And that includes unwrapping the peanut butter cups.
Unfortunately I won’t be partaking of these treats because
a) they’re for visitors these weekend
b) I’m trying to lose that darn baby weight
c) chocolate makes the little one angry
But you should make these now, because they are amazing. Recipe below.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 36 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the brown sugar, white sugar and butter. Stir in the peanut butter, then the egg and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the peanut butter mixture until the dough comes together. Shape into 1 inch balls and press them into the cups of an unprepared mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, press a mini chocolate covered peanut butter cup down into the center of each cookie until only the top is showing. Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing from their pans.